Wow, certainly some flashes of GREATNESS from the Bulls in this thriller… This reminds me of the old Bulls team as they started to make big play after big play, seemingly, whenever the game situation called for one. Whether its Nate’s block and energy plays, Jo’s aggressiveness, Belinelli’s consistency or Teague’s emergence, the Bulls are starting to gel. They still have trouble executing, but now that I’ve gotten a chance to watch a copy of the game, the Nets got a LOT of loose balls. Just long rebounds that flew into their hands.
Not a long recap since I wasn’t really on Twitter, but I must add that it made me very happy to see C.J. LOSE and his “best PG” D.Will miss on that last pull up. Derrick Rose is a game changer “son”. We’ll see you in Brooklyn sweetie.
Bulls actually have to go TO Memphis Monday night (CSN Chicago SportsNet 7P CST) to play the Grizz. They do have a better home record, so we’ll see how they fare. This one is going to be tough Bulls fans… Ain’t gonna lie. Memphis doesn’t mind a grind out game and I expect a barfight on the glass.
- Both Bulls and Memphis are virtually tied in opponents PPG at 90.86 per contest
- Bulls are 2nd in opponents FG% at .426… Memphis is not far behind in 6th with .435
- Not a ton of assists for Memphis… They are 20th in the league and Conley sits at 18th in dimes. Zach, Gasol, Conley and Gay are four starters who are very capable of creating offense for themselves so its not too surprising.
- Memphis usually leads the league in steals. So far, the Clippers lead this year, but the Grizz are a close 2nd at 9+. They want to turn teams over and Deng and Boozer can play loose with the basketball. Deng especially does not have a strong dribble, especially since the wrist injury. They MUST tighten that up or this game can easily get away from the Bulls.
- We will be overmatched in the backcourt AND on the front line so cross your fingers for foul trouble with the Grizz as the Bulls will need some calls to go their way.
I’ll be in-game tweeting from @ChiTwnBullsBlog! Follow me for the latest…