Nate Robinson started in place of Kirk Hinrich (sore thumb) and my, what a different Nate we saw playing with the starters. He was hot early, as was Rip Hamilton. You had to think that the Bulls were due for an offensive game like this. The lid finally came off the basket for the three… Bulls shot 40% from beyond the arc.
Nate’s playmaking ability was on full display with 13 assists. He penetrated the Bucks defense, found guys for EASY baskets (finally) and just brought energy. Bulls desperately needed this win after having lost two straight. Rip added 23 and Jo 16/12… Booz stepped up his activity, even though he looks to be a step slow this year (already on the decline, but noticeably dipping once again if he doesn’t warm up soon), with 10 pts and 10 rebs. Just an inability (or lack of strength) in finishing at the rim. Need to keep an eye on his FG % within 10 feet this season.
- The Bulls had 28 assists on 36 FGs. Kirk, Rip, Nazr, Noah, Nate and Butler are all capable of making plays… As they build chemistry they can only get better.
- Milwaukee was feisty, pulling within 6 with a little under 4 minutes to go.
- Dalembert blocked 3 shots at the rim… I didn’t even know he signed with Milwaukee. Nice inside presence for them. 13/10 game with FIVE offensive rebs.
- Jennings was Jennings… Decent outing. 13 pts with only 2 assists.
- Ellis has been muzzled… 8 pts and 3 asts in 24 minutes. He was one of my favorite guards to watch… Still curious as to how he works in the Bucks system.
- Nate left a ball on the glass for Butler to go get for a dunk, nice to see!
- Wait for it… Marquis Teague scores his first NBA points in the preseason. Welcome to the NBA rook. He also recorded an assist. 11 minutes for him at this stage is an eternity. Hopefully, he loosens up a little.
- With Noah, Nate and Rip popping off 49 shot attempts between them, Luol was the odd man out with only 4 of his own. Quiet night for Lu.
The Bulls face Minnesota on Friday night at 7P CST at the UC. Looks like we won’t be seeing Kevin Love for a while — he sat out our first meeting with them and has recently broken his hand and will be sidelined for 6 weeks. No matter though. Minny beat us without him this past weekend. Let’s see if the Bulls can fare better at home and with better chemistry/confidence.
I have a gallery opening to attend so I will unfortunately NOT be in-game tweeting from @ChiTwnBullsBlog. Take care guys and I’ll be back to recap the Minny contest and will take a closer look at Tuesday’s showdown vs. OKC.