Bulls right the ship with a big win over the Celtics, which based on their play since the All Star break, is a quality opponent. The C’s just beat the Heat down on their home floor and have basically looked like the Celts of old. Not able to challenge for another trophy, but competitive and in game shape. They are playing defense and KG is at the 5 now. Pierce is still the Truth and Rondo has more triple doubles this season than any other NBA player. He is also working on a streak of double digit assist games.
- The Celts started this game out in complete control over the Bulls, who were still without Rose for this game.
- Bulls started off cold, getting outscored 22-18 in the first quarter.
- Boston led by 11 at halftime.
- The third quarter saw the Bulls outscore Boston 29-17.
- Luol Deng was a monster… He got 6 pts. in the 3rd and 12 pts. in the 4th. He WAS the Bulls offense down the stretch and it was great to see him be so aggressive towards the basket and not just settling for the three
- CJ Watson hit two HUGE back to back three pointers in the 3rd quarter to give the Bulls their first lead since early in the 1st
- John Lucas made an “are you serious did he make that shot?” three from way behind the arc
- Just inspiring basketball played by the Bulls overall in the 2nd half against an opponent who was in control and very capable of beating Chicago on the road.
- Derrick Rose came out to warm up during the team shootaround, but still sat.
- Home and Home with the Knicks… Easter Sunday at MSG and Tuesday in Chicago…