Wow. Bulls looked like the April 2011 Bulls last night. Always nice to see a Bulls rout. Even with the Bucks now being 10-13, they’ve had some high-profile wins against the Spurs, Rockets, Miami and Lakers. Derrick ALWAYS seems to get motivated to play the top pg’s in the league and last night was no different.
- Derrick started out by getting 16 of the Bulls first 18 points. Yeah, he was MVP-like and his highlights both on ESPN and NBA media were strangely contained to 1-2 drives. After the 1st quarter Derrick had, he should of been an NBA Nightly Notable. I have to go back and check to see…
- Korver was unconscious shooting the ball. You had to think that a shooting night like this was coming for Kyle. He started getting hot during the Knicks game going 3-3 from behind the line in the 1st quarter. In the Bucks game, he ended up 4-8 from behind the line finishing with 18 pts.
- Derrick fed Taj for a nasty, filthy dunk with 9:15 left in the 4th quarter… This was his 12th assist.
- Luol Deng warmed Bulls fans hearts everywhere with his return. He looked like he hadn’t lost a step and you could tell he was thrilled to be back. Bulls also seemed rejuvenated by his return. It also looked like he didn’t have tape on his wrist, but he was wearing a special glove. Bulls have an awesome medical team and I have to say, this sleek glove makes the tape Kobe has been wearing seem pretty pedestrian in comparison. I’m no doctor, just saying!
- Brandon Jennings was hampered by foul trouble. Some of the calls were garbage, but D.Rose and the Bulls came out so aggressive, you kind of couldn’t blame him for trying any and everything to stop the early bleeding. Bucks were back on their heels for sure.
- Gooden was the high-scorer for Milwaukee, but his points came too little too late.
- Noah was a monster… One rebound short of yet ANOTHER double-double. Safe to say Noah is back.
In Game Tweets:
- Luol Deng: “…I felt it, (and) I’m going to feel it,” he said of the wrist injury. “As the game goes on, I forgot about it. I really was cautious at the start of the game. As the game went on, just playing basketball, I didn’t really think about it until I fell (in the fourth quarter).”
- Brandon Jennings: “…It just seemed like we couldn’t stop them at all.”
- Luc Mbah a Moute: “…It’s not the first time it’s happened. We knew that’s what was going to happen. Every time we play the Bulls here it’s almost like an away game.”
- Scott Skiles: “…Once [Bulls] take control it becomes very difficult to get back into the game. That team is a legitimate contender.”
- As has become the norm, the Bradley Center was FLOODED with Bulls fans. I’ve GOT to secure the Bucks call of this game. It was insane how loudly they cheered for the Bulls.
- Thibs played Deng a team high 41 minutes in his first game back after serious injury. Really Thibs? I am starting to think that Deng WANTS to be out there that long. Jimmy Butler got 9 minutes in this game, which is commendable I guess after his strong Knicks showing. We’ll see if he can get more time to avoid overuse of Luol.
- Derrick was getting stretched on the sideline. He said his back tightened up on him in the 2nd quarter, but insisted it wasn’t serious.
- This Bulls win takes the Bulls to 20-6 and keeps them at the top of the Eastern Conference (for now). It will be interesting to see what happens with NBA rankings on Monday. Miami lost a big lead and lost to the Bucks, Bulls got hammered by Philly and OKC got trounced by Spurs. Should be some shuffling after this week!
Bulls continue road trip!
I’m going to do some drafts previewing these games so I won’t fall behind again. I love doing the expanded previews and reactions and it feels good to be back!
Let’s go Bulls fans and have fun watching the Superbowl tonight!