Well sometimes life gives you a moment. Very nice to see the Bulls play such a complete game without Derrick on the floor to make, create or dictate every offensive decision.
- Pleasant surprise to see Rip start after such a long absence. The news that he would start was breaking just as I was posting my game preview. After being gone so long, there was talk amongst fans on whether or not he should come off the bench since Brew has played so well and has such an improved jumpshot. I’ve been crushing on Rip’s passing since the second pre-season game against the Indiana Pacers so I’ve always wanted him out there with the starting lineup. Its amazing what a second playmaker is doing for this roster, I just want to see more of it. Welcome back Rip. 11pts, 6 asts, 1 steal in 20 minutes.
- CJ was insane. Reminiscent of his only start last season, he looked to score the ball and played well in the backcourt with Rip. He opened 5-5 (3-3 from three) and ended up 8-12. Very efficient and ended up as a +18.
- All five starters played well and ended up in double figures…
- Boozer went off for 31 pts. I know everyone loves it when that 18 footer of his is dropping, but I agree with Kendall Gill… He needs to vary his offensive attack. NOT just that high-arcing shot, but some pump fakes, taking someone off the dribble, going to the rack hard, etc. He did a little of that tonight, I just want to see him do it more, be more consistent and be more creative at the rim. Too many of his shots get blocked and I need to pull a stat on the number of charges he gets down there. But, I digress. Great game Booz, I’m just looking ahead and am worried about elite defenses.
- (((((((Noah)))))) That’s a hug. SO happy for Jo. He grabbed SIX offensive rebounds and got his offense going with some hooks and dunks. Hoping this is a breakout game for him.
- Forget about Deng’s game (he ended up with 15 pts and was 6-6 from the FT line), he only played 27 minutes and SAT OUT the 4th quarter! Yay… Rest for the ironman!!!
- The bench was outstanding and ASIK was 5-6 for 11 pts. Huh? Wow… He is really developing, I love this guy and people are just starting to discover him. I hope the Bulls lock him up when the time comes.
- Nash led a balanced attack for the Suns and finished with 25 pts and 9 asts. He continues to impress, playing at a very high level for his age.
- Bulls allowed a season-high 97 points to the Suns. The previous 5 opponents had been held an average of 66.8 pts.
- The win moves the Bulls to 6-0 at the United Center.
- Bulls are the first NBA team to reach 13 wins.
- Not a late scratch this time, Derrick Rose was seated on the bench in a dark blue suit and seemed to enjoy the contest.
- White Sox GM Kenny Williams was spotted courtside.
- REST for this team and the first practice since Christmas
- Friday @ Cleveland | Saturday vs. Bobcats | Monday vs. New Jersey Nets
Take care Bulls fans and lets go get these next few very winnable games, with or without the MVP!