While the D.Rose vs. CP3 matchup lived up to its billing, the Bulls moved the ball, showed poise and converted some big threes down the stretch to win the game. What has fans and the NBA community buzzing however, is the re-assertion of Derrick Rose’s dominance. Fans of Derrick’s game will also notice how this aggression is occurring within the flow of a team attack. Very, very nice to see. I was so worried about Derrick being over-utilized in this compacted season, but this game shows that the Bulls are going to get there a little differently this time.
Derrick doesn’t look to take over games the same way he did last season. The MVP campaign saw him hoisting 20+ shots per game and initiating physically punishing drives to the rim. This season, it looks like he’ll get there through stellar passing, a healthy dose of the three-ball, some nifty post moves and taking folks off the dribble occasionally. LOVE IT.
- The atmosphere seemed absolutely electric for the Clippers home-opener
- Bulls started out slowly, missing their first few shots, trailing the Clippers 0-7
- All of the Bulls starters were pretty active, scored in double figures and look to be returning to form
- Hamilton’s passing might be more impressive than his shooting… He was 8-18 and 0-3 from three for a 44% outing… He made a DREAM bounce pass in the post to Noah for a dunk as the seconds waned in the 2nd that was just pretty though. I expect him to have a better offensive game vs. the Grizz…
- Ronnie Brewer continues to show how reliable his jumper has become… Both from three and the ft line
- DeAndre Jordan got some ridiculous dunks… On some of them, it was just in the Bulls best interest to get out of the way, others WERE contested. One by Noah, the other by Boozer… Yes, Boozer had a hand in protecting the rim… Special *mwah* to Boozy!
- Blake Griffin, like Stacey King said, is just a beast… He has an array of new moves now in the post. Very creative. I’m always impressed with him. I don’t want to see him become one of those players that complains to the refs every time down the court though
- CP3 was a great floor manager, as usual, and he made the highlight reel as well with a nice crossover on D.Rose and drive to the hoop
Stacey King Call Watch:
- “…I was wondering if the official had asthma or not, like, ref you gonna call that?”
- “…Those are the ones I wish he would just go up strong with, like if you come over here I’m gonna break your hand.”
- “…He’s cold blooded… He’s cold blooded Funk!”
In Game Tweets:
- Chauncey Billups, who was a game-time decision, was dnp due to a nagging groin pull/injury
- Clippers PA announcer David Courtney introduced Mo Williams as Chauncey Billups during pregame intros.
- This matchup marks the 5th time out of 5 contests, that a D.Rose led team has won over Chris Paul
- Derrick was serenaded, as he often is on the road, with “M.V.P.” chants, while on the line as well as the closing minutes of the game
- Derrick fell one assist short of his career high, 17… This happened back on 3.26 against the Milwaukee Bucks. He also scored 30 pts. in that contest
- Celebrity Sightings: Omarosa, Tyga of Young Money and Floyd Mayweather
Bulls FINALLY come home… Play home opener at the United Center against the Memphis Grizzlies on Jan 1st – 7PM CST. I feel like I need to go, just because its the opener… We’ll see. Game Preview up soon!
Nice win guys! Bulls fans it’s on… LET’S GO!!!